Pillars Community Health offers a variety of services for people living with mental illness.
One in four Americans has a diagnosable mental illness. Yet 2/3 of individuals with mental illness go without treatment, due to an inability to access care or stigma about the illness. Pillars Community Health works hard every day to change the perception of mental illness and provide help to those who need it. Some clients access more than one mental health service through Pillars Community Health.
Current Pillars Community Health services include:
- Outpatient Mental Health: Through office-based, home-based, and community-based therapy, children, adults, and families can learn to improve their overall mental health and functioning.
- Childhood and Early Childhood Mental Health Services: Pillars Community Health offers several mental health services to children. Click here to learn about our Child and Family Services.
- Older Adult Services: Pillars Community Health offers therapy and case management in the home, in office, and in the community for adults ages 60 and older. Psychiatric evaluation and medication management can also be provided.
- Psychological Testing Services: Our psychologists may be available to conduct testing for existing clients to clarify a diagnosis and provide recommendations for treatment.
- IPS Employment Services: Through this program, our mental health clients can find help searching for, obtaining, and maintaining competitive jobs.
- Crisis and Screening, Assessment and Support Services (SASS) Team: Our Crisis/SASS Team helps stabilize personal and family emergencies involving depression, suicidal behavior, and mental illness; family conflict and domestic abuse; acute alcohol and drug issues; and sudden traumas that impact entire communities.
- Family Support Program (FSP): This is a state-funded program that provides support to families with children who have severe mental illness. Our FSP program assists families in LAN 57 (Lyons and Riverside Townships) or LAN 58 (Berwyn, Cicero, Oak Park, River Forest, Upper Stickney Townships), by helping with the application process and working with families after they receive the FSP to maintain the grant and all the services that the grant helps to provide.
- Community Support Team (CST): This program offers a team-based approach to helping with the development of recovery and resiliency-oriented skills. It provides community-based rehabilitation and outreach services for adults.
- Community Support-Individual (CS-I): Pillars Community Health offers CS-I for adults, which will help Pillars clients who are living with mental illness to practice therapeutic goals in their home or community. For example, clients may practice using community resources like transportation or the library.
- Community Integrated Living Arrangement (CILA): CILA provides residential support services to individuals with severe mental illness who need daily support to live in the community.
- Psychiatry and Integrated Care Services: Our Health Center patients have access to pediatric development and behavioral screenings; screenings for depression, anxiety, peri-and post-partum depression; substance abuse and domestic violence screenings; brief interventions; referral to outpatient mental health; and psychiatry services. Learn more.
- The Living Room: The Living Room in La Grange offers a free alternative to the emergency room for adults ages 18 and older who are seeking help in a mental health crisis. Guests are screened by masters-level clinicians and can meet with trained recovery support specialists. Click here to learn more. The Living Room is a collaboration with NAMI Metro Suburban and Community Memorial Foundation.
- Prevention Education and Mental Health First Aid: Click here to learn more.
At all of our sites we have bilingual (Spanish-English) clinicians.
Pillars Community Health Mental Health Services are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Pillars Community Health has attained the highest level of accreditation at each survey since 1995.
To access Mental Health Services, call 708-PILLARS (708-745-5277).