Pillars Community Health welcomes interviews with the press and offers story ideas and resources for local media.
Call 708-745-5277 and ask for the Vice President of Marketing and Business Development.
Follow Us on Social Media
- Articles and press releases about our programs, initiatives, and ideas
- Annual Reports
- Pillars Community Health Education and Outreach Presentations
- Health care for low-income populations
- Rising addictions among teens and what can be done to reverse the trend
- How employment can change—and has changed—the lives of adults with mental illness
- How to help a grieving child following the death of a parent
- How to get help for a mental illness, despite the stigma attached to it
- The advocacy and court-related needs of a domestic violence victim
- The history of social work in Chicago, dating back to the days of Jane Addams
- Why prevention is key for family violence and substance abuse
Pillars Community Health’s CEO and senior leadership staff are available for interviews.
- Say “people living with mental illness,” not “the mentally ill.”
- Say “people with substance use disorders,” not “addicts.”
- Say “people with diabetes,” not “diabetics.”
- Note: Suicide is not really the cause of death, it’s the means. More than 90 percent of the time, a mental illness leads to the suicide.
- Click here for additional mental health terminology.
- Click here for additional addiction-related terminology from the Associated Press.
- Read this editorial from our Board President Zada Clarke regarding language that perpetuates stigma.