Host Your Own Fundraiser
You can help raise funds to support area mental health and social services.
Party for Pillars is a year-round initiative in which our supporters raise funds for Pillars. There are a variety of ways to help, from collecting monetary gifts at your birthday party to throwing a more involved fundraiser. Every dollar helps us sustain programs for your community. See examples of some of our supporters’ past fundraisers below.
If you are interested in throwing a Party for Pillars or collecting funds at an event/party you’re already planning, please call 708.PILLARS (708.745.5277) during regular business hours and ask for “Advancement.” Our staff can provide you with materials to help promote your event and offer tips for your party. To get you going, you can read this set of guidelines, which we’ve put in place to help you understand how we can help and to make sure your party materials match our branding.
Dollars raised through Party for Pillars fundraisers in FY2017 (July 1, 2016-June 30, 2017):
Dollars raised through Party for Pillars fundraisers so far in FY2018:
Thank you to everyone who has hosted or attended a Party for Pillars this year. A special thank-you to our Community Sponsor, Lyons Township Mental Health Commission!
Examples of Party for Pillars Events
There are so many ways to raise funds for Pillars. You could ask friends and family to make donations to Pillars in lieu of birthday gifts, give a portion of the day’s proceeds from your business, bake cookies as a family and sell them to neighbors to raise funds, donate money from your garage sale, get sponsorship dollars to run a marathon, give your employees a day to wear jeans and ask those who participate to donate $10, etc. Here are some fundraisers our supporters have held in recent years:
- One Chicago woman asked for friends to sponsor a skydive; all sponsorship dollars were donated to Pillars. The public was invited to donate to her Kickstarter page; $1,140 raised.
- Eight friends from the same church got together to host a Party for Pillars at La Grange Country Club, complete with a jazz band, drinks, and appetizers. They sold tickets and hosted a raffle. Private invite list; $7,815 raised.
- A group of neighbors hosted an annual Holiday Beer Walk; they donated the proceeds this year to Pillars. Neighbors-only invite list; $827 raised.
- Two Pillars supporters served as guest bartenders at Il Poggiolo in Hinsdale for one night; a portion of bar sales were donated to Pillars. Public invited; $4,300 raised.
- A local spa offered a Girls Night Out complete with massages and drinks. They donated 100% of proceeds to Pillars’ Constance Morris House domestic violence shelter. Public invited; $1,212 raised.
- A fast food chain donated a portion of proceeds on Children’s Grief Awareness Day to Pillars’ Buddy’s Place childhood bereavement program. Public invited, $166 raised.