Become a Domestic Violence Crisis Advocate. Help empower survivors and join the effort to eliminate violence.
Did you know that 1 in 4 women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime? You can help. Attend this 40-hour training on domestic violence crisis intervention. The training will prepare you for possible volunteer opportunities, such as assisting with our 24-hour hotline, providing crisis intervention, providing presentations to our children’s group, or assisting with day-to-day tasks at Constance Morris House, Pillars Community Health’s domestic violence shelter.
- Monday, July 9, 9 am-4 pm
- Wednesday, July 11, 9 am-3 pm
- Monday, July 16, 9 am-3 pm
- Wednesday, July 18, 9 am-3 pm
- Monday, July 23, 9 am-3 pm
- Wednesday, July 25, 9 am-3 pm
- Monday, July 30, 9 am-3 pm
- Wednesday, August 1, 9 am-3 pm
Cost: Training is free with a 6-month volunteer commitment and free for Pillars Community Health employees/current Sexual Assault volunteers; cost is $250 without volunteer commitment.
Locations: Pillars Community Health, 333 N. La Grange Rd., Suite One (Second Floor), La Grange Park, IL 60526
Registration: Click here to register online.